Saturday, June 5, 2021

Pop Up Painting #5

 Pop Up Painting #5



Only 20 more paintings to go!
16x20 Matted
$25.00+Shipping
Email to purchase:

Of course this piece is all about Chicago.  You either love Chicago, or you are wrong. I have lived here my whole life. In the beginning I grew up in Dolton, Illinois a suburb only 30minutes South of downtown. Basically the same place as the city. At least that is how I feel.  I lived in Logan Square neighborhood for 15 years. I did not spend a lot of social time in Logan Square. I spent a lot of time in Wicker Park and Bucktown (the first gallery I was part was in Bucktown).  One of my favorite things about Wicker Park and Bucktown were the little corner pubs throughout the residential streets.  So I thought I'd share a pub crawl. I hope these bars still exist. 😉

1. Mickeys (now, Leavitt Street Inn) hasn't anyone ever heard that changing a bar's name is bad luck?
2345 North Leavitt

2. The Charleston -  New Year's Eve MUST
2076 North Hoyne

3. The Map Room - hope you are thirsty
1949 North Hoyne

4. Danny's Tavern - Just stand in the spot, cry, light a candle as the best dive bar of all time is closed
1951 West Dickens

Moving on...

5. Lemmings - wait for the Tamale Man
1850 North Damen

6. Lotties - Friday night, good burgers.
1925 West Cortland

7. Bucktown Pub
1658 West Cortland

8. Pizza Metro - pit stop
1707 West Division

9. Smoke Dadddy- We need live music at this point
1804 West Division

10. Gold Star.
1755 West Divsion


You eat, drink, hear tunes, be merry,  get some exercise and walk this pub crawl. Oh and some the pubs have local art on exhibit. Maybe I will find an exhibit soon.


Catch up with me tomorrow for painting #6.

Thank you.