Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Painting Pop Up #16

 Painting #16




Acrylic on paper
16x20 Matted
$25.00 + Shipping
oktoberstudio@hotmail.com

I like cranes, herons and especially because, it is red I love the ibis. Tall, long leggy birds with big pointy beaks. When I was a kid just in the South suburbs sometimes you could spot a crane when driving past river or little lake. It was always a thrill to see these big birds. I have a friend who does digital birds as part of her art medium. I find art that is digital fascinating. I am not tech savvy so if you can make art that way and sell it; that is just awesome.


I had taken an art class this year; Making Art Work. I met a few other artists and I wanted to share a couple creatives who are running wonderful art businesses. 


Sarah Cray

Vanessa Lee


As a painter or creative it has been very good to have other creative people to speak to about art and art business issues. It helps to know everyone else is going through what I am going through too. 


I used to live in the Logan Square neighborhood and you could trip over an artist there. At one time in my building every resident was an artist. Since relocating I have only met one other creative person. My classmates are from all over the US and do all sorts of different mediums. It has been fun to getting to know and learn from them. It's nice to have a group again to talk to. Whatever you do and you do what you love, I hope you find your people.


Be sure to purchase your painting now from my

Spring Collection 2021, available only until June 19, 2021. 



Come back tomorrow for painting #17.


Thank you!