Thursday, June 3, 2021

Pop Up Painting #3

 Here is painting #3.


 



Being a painter you often evolve your painting style over your life.  When I was starting out I would use oil sticks; drawing out lines and shapes. I realized I needed a tool that was like a pen or pencil to hold. Soon I started using squeeze bottles like a pen and of course painting with a brush all these years has improved. I also began using a trowel which, created unique paint blends. When I was a kid I loved to smash the paint between paper and watch as the abstract design was created. I guess I was an abstract painter my whole life. I still use the smashing technique (a completely professional term 😉) at times and I still love to mash the paint and then the reveal. This little acrylic on paper was done by smashing and mashing the paint. The painting matted is 16x20, it's $25.oo+Shipping. 

Contact me to purchase: oktoberstudio@hotmail.com

Contact me to join my collectors collective.

Come back tomorrow and see painting #4.

Thank you for hanging out here.