Thursday, February 2, 2012

2012

Just a quick up date…

I took a break and did not paint for 2 months.  I did nothing but enjoy the end of 2011. The holidays were pleasant.  For Christmas I got a digital camera, which I have been using, but I really have no clue what I am doing.  I am not techy in anyway. I actually do not have much interest in technology; video games, computers, smart phones, etc. I’ve been working out and having fun going to Blackhawk games. I am slowing getting back into painting (see below my first painting of 2012). Right now I am looking for new exhibits for 2012.

Last year I donated a painting to the Bohemian Theatre Company’s fundraising event and I recently was able to see their latest play Tartuffe.  One of my favorite parts of the play were the costumes.  The play was to take place in France in the 17th century. One of the actresses had on a hip purse, which a feather duster stuck out of. I thought that was very creative holder.  Some of the actors wore huge aviation goggles, that just looked funny, but it worked for the story.  The dialogue was kind of poetic.  There were a lot of rhymes from line to line. The actors were wonderful, especially Sean Thomas as Orgon. It was at Theatre Wit in Lakeview.  The stage set up was interesting.  The seats were against the four walls of the theatre room.  The performance was in the middle and sometimes the actors would act behind the chairs of the audience.  It was a good story about truth.   

Side note- Cooper's across the street from the theatre has the greatest apple goat cheese chicken sandwich!

Here are my first two exhibits of 2012

February 18-March 2, 2012
Nothin’ Less
2642 North Milwaukee Ave
Chicago IL 60647
630.800.0411
7-10pm Monday - Sunday

I am donating this painting for a silent auction.

"Soul"
24x24





















Saturday, March  10, 2012

Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation – 312.214.1200
Bear Tie Ball 6-12am
UIC Forum 725 West Roosevelt Road, Chicago, IL 60607 - 312.413.9875

You can buy tickets to the ball here and bid on my painting: https://bearnecessities.ejoinme.org/?tabid=331836


oh...and just because it's Groundhog's Day click this line.