Friday, June 9, 2017

Graffiti

Here is a story…

On a beautiful, sunny day an artist was spray painting a wall. She notices a family biking towards her. She looked back the wall and continued painting. For a second she looked back up and saw the man getting extremely close and within seconds he kicked her in the gut knocking her down.  She screamed as she hit the cement ground. Getting back up she heard the children say, “You kicked her!”  The man and family kept riding and he replied to his kids “She was spray painting.” 

Now I ask did the artist deserve to be assaulted because, she was painting? Spray painting? Graffiti?

Why didn’t the man simply stop and ask? Why did he sucker kick a woman? Why did he kick a woman in front of his family?

For myself, I love graffiti, sometimes the tags are beautiful. One design on a freight train I saw sparked me to paint this piece; "When Beholding The Tranquil Beauty And Brilliancy Of The Oceans Skin One Forgets TheTiger Heart That Pants Beneath It."





Now my next question is how do you feel about graffiti?