Thursday, August 15, 2013

Move

After 14 years of living in Logan Square me and my Oktober Studio are moving.  This is not just a place I rented; I made it into my home. I love it. I walked in through the door for the first time ever 14 years ago and I knew this was it.  I never thought about leaving. I thought I would die here. I wanted to spend my final days here.  To me it's perfect! It's got three large windows in the living room. I love lying on the couch under the windows staring at the sky and the giant red and white police tower with blinking lights.  I love seeing the train pass by every 10 minutes. I love that my hallway is large enough to be another room. I love that the spare bedroom has a nook that my twin bed fits into perfectly. I love that I am on the top floor.   I love, love my bedroom; it is large and even though the closet is a tiny triangle, I love that it's a triangle. I love that my bathtub is big and the room is shaped like an L. My kitchen is fantastic. I love that it's extra large and the wall with the window looks slanted.  I could fit two kitchen tables in there. I paint on the floor in front of the windows and listen to the L. My apartment is in the perfect spot too.  The L is two door downs from my front door. There is a bus stop right out the front door and three others less than two blocks away. The police station, a bakery, post office, currency exchange, dry cleaners and fire station are all also less than two blocks away. The back yard is a double wide parking lot. Family Dollar and Chase are across the parking lot. There are three small grocery stores within in one block. There are only 6 other apartments in the vintage building with windows in almost all rooms but the bath. Packing and cleaning will be my life for the next few months as I get ready to move. Since it is where I live and work I have art exhibits in my apartment. All the walls are covered with paintings. I have over 100 paintings and I need to sell all of them before I move. I cannot paint anything new until I move. So I am having a moving sale.  Here are a few pieces in the sale.


"Morning Glory"
18x24





"Escape"
16x20
"Paint The City"
16x20

































To see the rest of the sale please visit my
Moving Sale Board on Pinterest.