Thursday, January 3, 2013

ARTinerary ©

ARTinerary© came to me when everyone was designing apps.  I thought here is my app idea; it's for those of you looking for a fun Friday night and do not know what to do.  Maybe you're tired of the same thing every weekend and maybe you are visiting Chicago and do not want to do tourist stuff: you want to see where the locals hang out.  My friend Whitney always said I was Julie McCoy, because I like to plan nights out: "Well I am your cruise director now" with a Friday night plan with an art/creative theme of events.  I hope you will enjoy the agendas and you can follow the ARTinerary© on Twitter.  I have created ARTinerary© for the last four Fridays.  I hope I can keep it up and I hope I do not forget. Here is the first of the new year: Friday January 4, 2013 ARTinerary©:

Part 1 @ 530pm:
Ojero Exhibit by Sam Kirk
at Elephant Room located at 704 South Wabash.  This is the last night of the exhibit; DON'T MISS IT!


Part 2 @ 730pm:
Dinner at The Flower Flat located at 620 West Addison. They have delicious menus that change week to week (BYOB too). Also there is some great art hanging up.  Here is the menu: PRIX FIXE FRIDAY, JANUARY 4, 2013...

1st
pozole
beet salad with rosemary vinaigrette
celery, radishes, oranges

walnut pate
crostini

2nd
seared steak with herb butter
horseradish mashed potatoes
wilted spinach

pan-fried tilapia
green beans, capers, lemon

orecchiette, kale, white beans
truffle oil

3rd
Chef's choice
Erica's
banana bread muffins with chocolate ganache


Part 3 @ 9pm:
Reggae at Exedus II located at 3711 North Clark.

Whitney and I and friends ended up at an electric reggae show one night where this tiny, tiny, gal belted out a sax better than any other sax performance I've ever seen in my life.

Have a great weekend!