Thursday, March 24, 2011

Logan Square



I love living in Logan Square. There are so many things to do.  There are community gardens, great farmer’s markets all year and even a soup night.  What I recently went to was Studio Days at Anywhere Space (2328 North Milwaukee, 2nd floor Chicago, IL 60647) hosted by artist and art advocate Tracy Kostenbader. The event is an open studio where you can come and create art. The event is open to anyone. There are supplies or you can bring your own.  All supplies, ideas, music and conversation are shared every Wednesday from 3-8pm.   Studio Days is presented by NE²; an artists’ collaborative that organizes creative events.  I’ve gone twice now and I worked on my business cards and I made a stamp with my name, which may have been the best part of my night.  Another wonderful thing about my neighborhood is that there are many talented artists in the neighborhood. You can buy art directly from the artist very easily. Looking for art?  Here are 3 artist studios in Logan Square that you can book appointments for and get a private showing of the resident artists work.