Monday, February 14, 2011

100BLUEANGELS


I am very connected to the water. Many of my paintings have a water theme.  I didn't know it at first until everyone kept asking "What's with all the fishes?" but, I realized my happy place is the beach and I cannot be happier then when swimming under water. I would have to say I am in love with water. Almost every day I stare out at the lake and I feel the waves calling to me. I decided to do something about this water ache I had.  I contacted marine biologist, Wallace J. Nichols.  Now I have joined with him in this new year to help raise money for the conservation of oceans.  I am donating 50% of a painting sale to his 100BLUEANGELS CAMPAIGN. If you are interested in any of these paintings please contact me at oktoberstudio@hotmail.com. Your support would greatly be appreciated!  If you are interested in seeing some of my work in person I currently have an exhibit at the Downers Grove Park District (4500 Belmont Road, Downers Grove IL 60515). It will run February 14-March 31, 2011.